Sunday, January 21, 2018

Change


I'm once again joining Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures.

This page, which I created in my Challenges altered book is all about changes.

Changes are

opportunities to

refresh

our lives.

What better example of change than beautiful butterflies?

For this page, I cut a beautiful painting of a palm tree (have I not mentioned I have a love of palms?) which I overlaid with fussy cut butterflies and the computer generated words I colored using my metallic Gelly Roll pens.

Thanks beyond belief for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  Thanks, too, for your continued support of my art and artistic endeavors. 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, Elizabeth, butterflies are always a great symbol for change and development. Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow- how freeing this collage is! I love that you got such a perfect synergy of the colors! Amazing! Happy Sunday Mrs. Co - Admin. Great idea for an adventure page ! The more entries are linked the more ideas we get, am I right?!
oxo Susi

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous, love your butterflie great journal ;O))

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! You really have chosen the perfect image for your beautiful butterflies.....and what better than butterflies to illustrate your quote! A truly, truly, wonderful page!Hugs, Chrisxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The butterflies and quote are perfect with the palm trees and colours that you used - I love it 😁. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

Sami said...

Nice quote Elizabeth and I like the butterflies.

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful!

Cindy McMath said...

This is a gorgeous page. I love Sally’s the different takes you have on Erica”s theme.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a wonderful quote! And a perfect illustration of it :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Your beautiful piece has hit home to me. This Wed. is moving day for the Eldest. The butterfly motif so apropos.

My name is Erika. said...

This page is awesome Elizabeth. I love the quote and I love the antithesis of the butterflies up against the palm trees. I don't know why I don't associate butterflies with palm trees, though there are certainly butterflies in the tropics. The blue on your page is gorgeous too. This is a perfect page for AJJ. Glad you posted. Happy end of the weekend. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Oh wow, I love the butterflies. they go so well to bring to life the quote you used. It is a stunning page Elizabeth.
Yvonne xx

Linda Manning Findley said...

Very nice "E" ... always love your saying on your pages ... also I am in the camp of LOVE Butterflies ...

Jeanie said...

that's such a great theme. this really works so well for it!

Sandra Cox said...

This is beautiful. I love the butterflies against the blue background.

RO said...

This theme is perfect for me this year, and one I'm determined to focus on. Things in life remain the same, if we don't take steps to do different things for sure. I like the ay you've set this up too, Elizabeth. Great message and perfect art! Hugs...RO

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth! It's been so long since I have participated in an AJJ monthly challenge. I am so happy that I did this month. I am getting to see so many wonderful works of art, including YOURS! I love that you picked butterflies, your background looks awesome, and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

Rike said...

A wonderful page with a great quote and beautiful pictures! I like that you love palms! And yes, there is no better example of change than beautiful butterflies!
Rike x

SCarol said...

Wow, this is so vibrant, bursting with life!