Monday, December 4, 2017

November complete and December already started in my never ending calendar


Here is my wimpy November calendar.  I realize mine is not beautiful like some of my artistic friends' calendars are, but this is how I have chosen to create mine in this journal I purchased that was not the right size to create boxes for individual days.   Feel free to read the minutia, and you'll see how boring my real life is!

I've already started filling out the December pages.  Over the years, I have gotten more and more simple with my calendar pages and that seems to work for me.  I scanned these last Wednesday before I left town, thinking I would have time to show them before now. 

And because this is such a letdown, here are a few trees I photographed in my home as I was putting them up.

I've started decorating my desk on my front porch in this photo.

I hadn't decided if I would add a wreath or place a small tree in the rusty house when I took this photo.

I moved my gourds/pumpkins to the front porch after I cleared the dining room table. 

I just stared decorating this area and it looks like I chopped off the angel that sits at the top of the tree. 

I just found this round tablecloth in my linen closet, and decided to use it on my table.  This is the first time I've ever covered my table with a cloth for Christmas.  The two wrapped trees were purchased last year at a nursery after Christmas.

Thank you for joining me today with my wimpy calendar I've kept since 2012.  I only have one more year in this journal and I can purchase a different one.  I appreciate you visiting and seeing the first of my Christmas tree decorations this year, too.  More photos to follow.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your calendar looks good, I still write everything on flying scraps, which always get lost....And you have more done than I have in the decoration department, that's for sure! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

I smiled when I saw your photo of the tree minus the angel I always manage to do that too. I took some photos yesterday, pretty tree – no angel. I'm going to have another go today.
I just buy a very boring calendar every year and write down things like doctors appointments so you are doing better than me.
Have a lovely Christmassy week.

froebelsternchen said...

I like your "wimpy" calendar and you really have inspired me to start one in 2018 since I think it would make sense and would be fun to have at least one little note each day- maybe I just write a quote each day - since I am a big "quote lover".
I am not quite sure what I will do exactly, but I am sure to start one at least! My desk calendar here for filling in appointments is definitive too boring.
You already have super decorations out. We ( my daughter) did some decorations as well - but not much.
But I will take out my little artifical christmas tree that I have packed perfectly with plastic and have just to take the plastic off now. And I put all my oter decorations from last year in my old kitchen cabinet - so I just have to take out all from the upper floor. It is really nice to have enough space and not having to put all in boxes and label it and bring it to the attic. That's now the benefit of having a commodious house.I love it for this.My keyboard is nice to me today - just the letter H hooks the whole time- but now I controll every text before sending...lol.
Happy start of the new week Mrs. E.!


oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

I think your calendar isn't boring at all. You have a lot of sense on humor on your posts. I like the sushi one- but it isn't fun to go eat and not enjoy your meal. And mine wouldn't be all that much more exciting- most days would say go to work, go to work, go to work...:) Happy new week. Hope you have something better than go to work on your agenda. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoy your calendar. Especially like the quilt stickers. So very homey. Love the cardinal on your front porch desk. I haven't started decorating as I was hoping to get the livingroom painted before Christmas. That plan's not looking too good. Your little tree looks so pretty and the plaid table cloth so cheery. I like the wrapped trees on the table too. Very unusual

Jeanie said...

Starting with a clean slate for December!

Your home is festive. I am wild about that plaid tablecloth. It's perfect for Christmas and I love how the neutral-toned and natural trees look on it. Poor decapitated angel! I hope you'll show her full view sometime soon!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I love that plaid table cloth and all your trees. I haven't really started decorating yet, but my decorations are really just the tree with ornaments and a few items for the mantelpiece, etc. I haven't quite figured out what you mean by using a journal for your calendar. It looks like a calendar to me. What am I not getting?

Nancy said...

December looks wide open- but it won't for long, I'm sure!

Cindy McMath said...

You are always down on your calendar, but it works for you and you stuck to it. I think that’s great. I started an artsy one about 5 or 6 years ago and I think I made it through 2 months. I then shipped off to Toronto and never picked it up again. So kudos to you for keeping this up for so long. Do you ever look back through it to find dates? I strung up some outdoor lights this weekend but certainly didn’t start any indoor decorating yet. I may or may not do it!

RO said...

You're doing much better than I am Elizabeth when it comes to your calendar, because at least you have everything written down. I'm still getting there. How blessed you are to have your mailbox right at the door! That's perfect if you have bad weather and want to get your mail. I totally adore the way you've decorated your home because it looks comfy and creative! Kudos and HUGE Hugs...RO p.s. - I just peeked over at your sidebar and see that you're in for a windy day. Something about blustery wind just screams holiday and movie time which I love. It will be 62 here in NC today and 72 tomorrow!!! Please send some wind my way when you can.

Divers and Sundry said...

What other people call "boring" I call "calm" -and I like calm ;)

I like your small trees and am impressed by the look you achieved with those gold trees centered on that red and green plaid table cloth. How festive! I've been buying a few little trees over the past several years to group on a table, so great minds are thinking alike ;)

Anonymous said...

Getting festive around your house too! Like your desk on the porch, sweet tree. xox

Sandra Cox said...

'Making a list and checking it twice.' Ha
I have a tablecloth like that! Love the plaid.
Your decos are looking very festive.
Have a jolly day, dear Elizabeth.

Meggymay said...

I like seeing your calendar Elizabeth, it was you and friends on Tuesdays that got me interested in keeping one this year.

Your home is looking really festive, the trees are so pretty. I love the ones on the checked cloth you found in your linen cupboard.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your calendar journal and I am sorry you aren't happy with it! Still, with only a year of this one left it won't be long till you can have a change! I love how the decorations are coming on -the tartan cloth looks lovely!Hugs,Chrisx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Don't apologize for the calendar journal, Elizabeth At least you keep one faithfully! I haven't done that since I retired from my corporate job.

Your house is looking very Christmas-y. You have a desk on your front porch? I love that!

The tabletop trees on the checkered cloth look great - perfect contrast and holiday feel. Plaid tidings to you ;-) Eileen