Saturday, October 3, 2015

Journal 52, Week 40: Trees

For Week 40 at Journal 52, Chelle's prompt was Trees.  If you're a long time viewer, follower, or reader of my blog, you know I had to create this entry.

I've shown this poem before, in fact last year at Journal 52.   However, this year the background (a used file folder) was fraught with peril.  Peril to my carpet in my craft room, that is.  I hate to admit it, but I was spraying the green on the substrate, when the sprayer came loose, slipped out of my hand, and spilled all over the carpet, completely missing the four anti-static mats I have on the floor to protect said carpet.   

This was a poem I wrote when I was eleven and it was printed in a teen magazine.   You would think I would go on to write more poetry, but that is the only one I've ever written, although I created one haiku, which I guess is a poem of sorts.

The mess at the bottom bled all over the substrate, but I waited for it to dry before I stamped the three trees.  The tree was part of a set, which included the one tree and leaves of different kinds.  I'm not sure where I got them, although I think from the thrift store.  I looked and the tree (and I assume the leaves) is from Stampington.

The "40" stands for the week number, and I'm on a mission to bring back those decorative edge scissors we all bought many years ago and only used once or twice.  I have over a dozen of them, and this one is by Fiskars and is the deckle edge.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to join in at Journal 52, where you don't have to buy anything special to create journal art.  Again, your lovely comments make my day!

9 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful, and I just LOVE that poem, what a fantastic work for an 11 year old. You were a clever and funny girl, that's for sure. And it still seems to be true! Sorry about the carpet, things like that happen - and the happen to me a lot! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Great poem, very deep for an 11 year old! hope the green comes out of the carpet...

Darla said...

What a great poem. I agree, we need to use those decorative scissors. And in my case, use a lot of other stuff that is in my art stash.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun poem against the perfect background. I hope your carpet can recover.

Rita said...

That is the sweetest poem!! Love your journal spread. :)

Krisha said...

GORGEOUS, GPRGEOUS page! I'm so glad the ink bottle came apart and saturated your page......but sorry about the carpet.

I remember the poem from last year, still made me smile.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love the page - gorgeous greens although I suspect if you are still looking at a green stain on the carpet you are not so impressed!!! Chrisx

Dianne said...

what a cute poem! so cool that you included it with your lovely green page of trees...it's a shame about the carpet though, I do hope it isn't ruined!

Kelly said...

Great poem!
The first thought that popped into my head was a comment Robert DeNiro made in the movie, The Intern when he asked his colleagues why they didn't tuck their shirt tails in.

I also have several pairs of those decorative edges scissors. Here's to using them more!
Creative Blessings!